About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rectangle Dangles

I love how colorful, but at the same time rustic, these rectangle dangles look. I used them to make a few necklaces such as these:

But it never occurred to me to put them in my supplies shop. A customer saw the necklaces, asked if I could make her just the rectangles and they came out great so I wanted to share. You can buy the copper blanks from Bopper on Etsy and they come in different sizes. It takes longer to fire a 3 dimentional shape so I upped the temp to 1470 degrees F. First I fired a coat of clear. I did two sides at once but then I got the bright idea to use my bead mandrels to hang the blanks during firing so I could fire all sides at once. It was very messy but saved time. Since you're going for rustic it doesn't matter if you get a coat on every spot. The opaque colors got two coats.
I used two different colors on each one for interest.
The transparent colors got a coat of white first, then two coats of the color.
Resist the urge for perfection, rustic is what you're going for.
These are the 1 inch size, very cute I think!!


No comments:

Post a Comment