About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Warrior

I love disc beads! These colors caught my eye, very juicy don't you think? They are handmade by
 Alisha White who also makes some beautifully unique hollow beads.

 These beads have a soft matte finish called luster. They're made by one of my favorite lampworkers, Paul from PaulBeads. I love the wavy shape!
  Discs make beautiful earrings but it can be tricky to get them positioned just right so the disc doesn't hang down instead of flat. So I made some hoop style ear wires and the simple design really showed off the beads. I used some of my new colored wire to embellish the silver. The hoops may take some practice to get the hook closure just right and I want to make some in copper, too.

I'm very happy with these, I may have to keep them for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment