About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Colorful Wire Wraps

I absolutely love my new colored wire!! It is called parawire and I bought it from Bello Modo. It is copper wire with a nylon coating. It's very easy to manipulate but you do have to be careful not to mar the wire because you can chip off the color. It comes in many colors and gauges, I bought the 24 gauge to wire wrap some sterling wire clasps. Bello Modo has lots of different supplies to choose from, a nice web site,  and very fast shipping but you have to pay a 15% "restocking fee" if you want to return anything. Is this something new? How could it possibly cost 15% to put an item back in stock? OK, my rant is over.
It also comes in great metal colors like these. They are, from left to right, Antiqued Copper, Vintage Bronze, and Gunmetal.
I made my clasps from 16 gauge argentium sterling silver wire and put them in my tumbler before I finished the ends.
I wrapped the wire around the middles.
Then finished the loops and added argentium sterling closed rings.
I love the added punch of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment