About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Warrior

                                  Mixed Metals Pendants

One of the problems with making merchandise to fill my ETSY supplies shop is that it doesn't give me time to just play and create finished jewelry. I've been working on these pendants forever or it seems like forever! I finally got them riveted together and I'm pretty excited with how they look. I wanted to try something a bit more rustic. I used my disc cutter to cut different sized circles out of copper, brass, nickel silver, and patinated metals from LillyPilly Designs. I hammered, stamped, and antiqued. I used pumice power, alcohol inks, and sealant. I riveted them together and added some wire wrapped copper. Then I wasn't sure what to do next. I had to stop myself from adding lots of beads and sparkle. Rustic, remember? So indulged my new love of leather and bought leather cords in many colors. I can go rustic but I can't give up color!


These are all I've got finished for now. Stay tuned, I'll be posting more pictures soon to show how I finished the necklaces!




No comments:

Post a Comment