About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday's Tutorial

                                          Leather and Enamels

I've always wanted to rivet my enameled components to leather to make bracelets. I thought the rough, rustic look of the leather would contrast nicely with my colorful, shiny enameled flowers. But I really can't afford to buy leather making tools and I certainly don't need another craft to focus on, so when I found these premade bracelet cuffs, I snapped some up. 


I love the different colors and rustic textures.


I also like the look of these clasps.





I made small flowers in color groups.


























Sorry for the terrible pics, I don't get good light for photos in the afternoon.



I made holes in the leather using my wonderful riveting tool.






I stacked some rivets and the flowers and riveted them to the cuff.

The finished bracelets! 


No comments:

Post a Comment