About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekend Warrior (part 2)

                                   Finished Mixed Metals Necklaces (finally!)

Yes, finally! I finished my first batch of mixed metals necklaces. And I only got just a little aggravated. First I finished my pendants by adding a few stone beads or copper beads.




 And wire or jump ring bails.


 I put some charms and bead drops hanging from the bottom.
 Also some sari silk ties.

 I then picked matching or coordinating leather cord.

 Now came the aggravating part. I bought these glue on cord clasps. Even though I was careful to get clasps larger than the cord diameter, I still had a hard time getting them to fit. Some of the cords are a tiny bit larger than others. The next time I buy clasps, I will make sure I include some larger ones.

 The silver tone one is magnetic. I love the rustic look to the copper ones. I used a tiny bit of 2-part epoxy to glue the leather cords securely.  It's called 5 minute epoxy and they're not kidding. By the time I wrestled the cord into the clasp, the epoxy was too hard to use and I had to mix up a new batch. But the finished necklaces came out great!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment