About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday's Tools

I love new tools! In fact, if my business never makes any money it's because of tools. Well, I guess it's not the tools fault, they didn't buy themselves, did they. This texturing hammer is one of my latest tools. The secret is on either end!

There is a different texture on each end. It works great on copper, nickel silver, brass, and sterling.
This brass blank was textured with the end that has all the little squares.
The copper blank was textured with the end with lines and the nickel silver washer with the squares. I think  some liver of sulfur or gilders paste would really bring out the texture. I'm working on a new jewelry line with mixed metals, rivets, and lots of rustic texture and this new hammer will get a lot of use. I wonder if there are hammers with different textures?  hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment