About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Warrior

I was very grateful to spend the weekend working on custom orders but I did take the opportunity to experiment a bit with this bead. I wanted to add a darker blue to this bead which was already enameled with transparent medium and light blue. 

 I used too much fixative and it caused interesting patterns when I sifted on the dark blue so I added more drops on top of the power and let it dry. I fired the bead a bit longer than usual so the dark blue would be nice and flat and shiny.

 I love the abstract and painterly quality of the enamel. I will definitely try this technique again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment