About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekend Warrior (part 1)

                                                 Beads of Many Colors!

Saturday was a bead making day and lots of colorful beads popped out of my kiln!! I love to make coordinated bead sets because I find them very inspiring when I making a finished piece of jewelry.

crayon box colors

I've been dreaming of making a crayon box of beads and here they are. I love how they came out! I think primary colors are so energetic. I didn't put in the brown and black but I think I will when I make the next set. To get these nice smooth colors, I first sifted on a coat of clear, then two coats of the transparent colors. From front to back the colors are Flame Red, Sunset Orange, Buttercup Yellow, Pea Green, Daphne Blue, and Iris Purple. They are all Thompsen enamels.

 

 Orange is the color of the season: Marigld, Pumpkin, and Ochere Yellow (Schauer)

                               



   Beautiful bluesBonnet, Harvest, and Darkest Blue


These green beads were made with transparent colors. First I sifted on a coat of clear, next white, and then two coats of the transparent colors. They have a great speckled finishThe colors are from left to right: Peppermint, Grass, Gem, and Dark Green.

Beads of many colors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment