About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday's Tools


Four Piece Mandrel Set


I found this wire working mandrel set in Michaels for a very reasonable price and I had a 40% off coupon! The mandrels are made from heavy duty plastic and are round, oval, square and triangular shaped. There is a handle that can used on any of the mandrels. What I like about this tool is that it is lightweight and easy to hold. What I don't like is that the plastic bends too much to stay secure in a vise. If you are making something that requires two hands, the mandrel wiggled around a bit too much. I was able to rest it on my work table and make it work. And I really liked having the oval, square and triangle shapes available!


 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kristen, Congratulations! You won Beadweaving Beyond the Basics! Yay! Please contact me so I can forward your address to the publishers! jean :)

    ReplyDelete