About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Warrior


Well, not exactly! I had a wonderful weekend spending time with my family but a warrior I was not. So I wanted to show you what I'm hoping to do some weekend in the future. Since my experiment enameling the iron filigree beads in my kiln had mixed results and the bead caps were a total disaster, I bought a Hot Head torch and a canister of MAPP gas. I already have the wonderful book Torch Fired Enameled Jewelry by Barbara Lewis so all I need to do is find the time where I can concentrate and experiment!

1 comment: