About Me

My photo
I am an artist, wife and mother, paraeducator, yo-yo dieter, and small town country girl. I love singing in my church choir, computer time, beading and making jewelry. And I love enameling! There is something very magical about turning powder into smooth, shiny, and colorful glass.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Studio

About 1 1/2 years ago I turned most of my daughter's room into a studio. She was away at college and gave me her blessing. I have always loved this room. It has three windows so the light is great and the long narrow dimensions are perfect for long work tables. I repainted everything, made new curtains, and bought those cool wire shelves that are so popular in the houses on HGTV. I left one corner intact with a bed and dresser so my daughter wouldn't feel too displaced but believe me I have great plans for that corner. The table on the left has my kiln and all my enameling supplies and metal working tools.
I bought this old heavy table from my church when they were buying some new ones. It takes about four strong people to move it but it's perfect for this purpose. Strong and shabby! The
window behind the kiln is good in the summer to let some of the kiln heat out.                                                                       
 The shelves on the right hold all my beads (I have lots!) and other craft supplies. My tumbler sits on the table and I have plenty of room to work on all the projects I seem to have going at once. I decorated by hanging a Kente cloth which was hand woven by a man from Guana and I bought years ago. It was huge and didn't fit anywhere in my house but it was perfect here. The colors are warm and cheerful.                                                                                 
I also added a happy print I bought on etsy from hjmart .  


        And I added some inspirational words I bought on etsy from letterhappy.
      After happily devoting so much of my life to raising my beloved three children, this studio has become more than just a place to make my jewelry. It's a place I can feel creative and artistic. I can unwind after a week at work and just be myself and have a little fun with my free time!                                                                               





view out the back window

No comments:

Post a Comment